ESD Canada is a network that brings together a broad range of stakeholders from across the country to support systemic change toward Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) within the formal, non-formal and informal education systems. Made up of the ESD Canada National Council, Provincial/Territorial Working Groups and sustainability educators, among others, the network operates at mulitple scales, collaborating to move ESD forward in Canada.
ESD Canada has its own website. Visit http://www.esdcanada.ca/
All people and organizations in Canada are living sustainably.
ESD Canada will promote a Canadian culture of sustainability by developing and strengthening collaboration and leadership in education and training.
- Strengthen, promote and communicate ESD activities in Canada directly by the ESD Canada National Council and through the ESD Canada network.
- Provide leadership and support innovation in ESD.
- Coordinate the identification of ESD activities and resources across Canada; identify gaps at a national level and the process to address gaps.
- Identify, nurture and disseminate ESD research to provincial/territorial ESD working groups and national and international organizations as appropriate.
- Monitor and report on ESD progress in Canada
- Develop and implement a short term and long term plan for financial stability of ESD Canada and ESD Working Groups.
Key Learning Strategies for Environmental Education, Citizenship and Sustainability