Provincial/Territorial Working Groups
The Provincial/Territorial Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Working Groups support and foster a culture of ESD in each jurisdiction. They will achieve this vision by engaging senior leaders from provincial Ministries, federal government, the formal, non-formal, and informal education sectors, business and community organizations in determining the goals, priorities and objectives for ESD activities and working together to support their regional advancement.
- Build Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) into the formal/non-formal and informal education culture, including the body of generally accepted curriculum and learning activities, teacher training, facilities management, procurement, etc.
- Establish strategic collaborations between governments, education sector leaders, business, and community NGO’s in order to increase cohesion and leverage in creating a culture for ESD.
- Relay a sense of urgency and the latest science on critical sustainability issues such HIV/Aids, climate change, poverty reduction and energy.
- Coordinate, facilitate connections and bring together stake-holders from the formal, non-formal and in-formal education sector for policy input, debate, exchange, planning to enhance delivery of ESD activities in support of the UN’s Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014) and the Global Action Program for ESD (post 2015).
- A culture of Education for Sustainable Development is fostered in Canada;
- Support for educators and youth as they pursue practical and action-oriented activities in support of Education for Sustainable Development;
- Advanced policy and curricula related to Education for Sustainable Development.
For further information contact email@example.com
Key Strategies that Transform Learning
From Environmental Education to Citizenship and Sustainability