Many governments and organizations are developing fabulous research surrounding ESD. Below is a selection of ESD research recommended by LSF staff and consultants.
Council of Ministers of Education, Canada
- Learn Canada 2020
- Pan - Canadian ESD Framework for Collaboration and Action
- Education for Sustainable Development in Faculties of Education
- Report to UNECE and UNESCO on Indicators of Education for Sustainable Development Report for Canada 2007–2010
- Canada’s Response to UNESCO Questionnaires on the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development, 2005–2014: Education for Sustainable Development after 2014 and UN Decade of ESD Final Report
The Canadian Council for UNESCO (CCUNESCO)
- Integrating Education for Sustainable Development & Education for International Understanding: Conceptual Issues and Pedagogical Principles for Teacher Education to Address Sustainability 2006
- Report on the World Conference on Education for Sustainable Development (WCESD) 2014
Learning for a Sustainable Future Research and Papers
- 2016 Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability, Vol. 18 (1): "Twenty-first Century Education: Transformative Education for Sustainability and Responsible Citizenship"
- Twenty-First Century Education: Transformative Education for Sustainability and Responsible Citizenship (as presented to CMEC DMs)
- Learning for the 21st Century: The Case for ESD (LinkedIn Pulse)
- Education for Sustainable Development: Cure or Placebo?
- Introduction to Sustainable Development
- The Role of Government in Advancing Corporate Sustainability: Background Paper (2002)
- The Sustainability Mindset - Project Syndicate, Michael Spense. View it on the web. Thanks to Project Syndicate for allowing us to include the piece here.
Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ready, Set, Green! Techniques and Resources from Ontario Educators
- Standards for Environmental Education in the Curriculum
- Shaping our Schools, Shaping Our Future
- Acting Today, Shaping Tomorrow
United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and United Nations (UN)
- Education forSustainable Development Goals: Learning Objectives (2017)
- Integrating Education for Sustainable Development & Education for International Understanding: Conceptual Issues
- United Nations Secretary-General’s High-level Panel on Global Sustainability (2012). Resilient People, Resilient Planet: A future worth choosing. New York: United Nations.
Key Strategies that Transform Learning
From Environmental Education to Citizenship and Sustainability