Learning for a Sustainable Future is pleased to present the Earth Steward Teaching Award to educators in Alberta and Ontario, supported by the Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan (OTIP) and TW Insurance in order to recognize one elementary teacher and one secondary teacher for their outstanding contribution to sustainability education.
• Demonstrates a contagious enthusiasm for learning
• Inspires students to take on real-world sustainability challenges
• Creates innovative and challenging opportunities that help students learn
• Connects curriculum to student interests and sustainability action beyond the classroom
• Makes an exceptional contribution to a more sustainable school and community
• Is committed to their own professional development and to teaching excellence
• Is a role model for other teachers and students
If selected, the winner in each category (elementary and secondary) will receive $1000, and the recipient's school will receive $1000 to be put towards a sustainability Action Project within the school.
The runner-up in each category (elementary and secondary) will receive $500, and the recipient's school will receive $500 to be put towards a sustainability Action Project within the school.
You may nominate yourself or another educator.
Nominations are open until May 13th 2022