Learning Inside Out
The global COVID-19 pandemic has brought many challenges, including the challenge of keeping kids engaged and learning at home, virtually or physically distanced at school. Learning has been turned inside out!
To support parents and teachers, LSF is curating this weekly collection of activities drawn from our Resources for Rethinking (R4R) database, so you can be confident they have been vetted by teachers and connected to Canadian education outcomes, wherever you are.
We’ll be alternating themes every week between:
- LSF’s Step Outside Nature Guides, focused on seasonal happenings
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which cover everything from climate change to equity
We’re putting a special emphasis on outdoor activities for their positive affect on mental health for kids, parents and educators—something we could all use right now! Please remember to observe COVID-19 safety measures in place in your area.
You can sign up to receive these emails directly to your inbox:
If you are looking to purchase outdoor learning products (e.g. dip nets, sit pads, field guides, magnifiers, etc.) visit Canada’s Non-Profit Outdoor Learning Store where a portion of the proceeds of sales go to support outdoor learning non-profit organizations from across the country!
Learning Inside Out supported by:
Check out our latest guides below:
- Week 1: Step Outside Early September Your Local Insect Symphony (Sept 4)
- Week 2: Hot Topic – Ozone Day (Sept 11)
- Week 3: Global Goals Week (Sept 18)
- Week 4: SDG 2 – Zero Hunger (Sept 25)
- Week 5: Nature Paints Fall Foliage (Oct 12)
- Week 6: Take Me Outside Day (Oct 12)
- Week 7: Waste Reduction Week (Oct 16)
- Week 8: Migrating Waterbirds (Oct 23)
- Week 9: SDG 3 and Climate Change (Oct 30)
- Week 10: Hot Topic – UN Climate Change Conference COP 27 (Nov 6)
- Week 11: Getting Ready for Winter (Nov 13)
- Week 12: Buy Nothing Day and Climate Change (Nov 20)
*If you have trouble accessing any of the links, it may be because your organization is blocking external sites. Try signing out of your board-affiliated gmail account and trying again!*