Learning Inside Out
Key Strategies that Transform Learning
From Environmental Education to Citizenship and Sustainability
This summer we’ll be highlighting some of our favourite Learning Inside Out Resources from the past few months. For ease of use, we have organized all of the resources from every edition by grade level where you can easily find activities to meet your needs!
Keep an eye on our social media where we will be announcing the resources of the week with a special focus on all of our outdoor activities to keep you and your family outside and learning this summer!
We'll be back in the fall to continue to support meaningful sustainability learning, either in or out of school.
About our Learning Inside Out Program:
At-Home Education Resources for Parents & Teachers
- LSF's Step Outside Nature Guides, focused on seasonal happenings
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which cover everything from climate change to equity
- Week 1 - Step Outside: Spring Awakenings(Mar 30)
- Week 2 - The UN SDGs: Intro to the Sustainable Development Goals (Apr 6)
- Week 3 - Step Outside: Bird Alert (Apr 13)
- Week 4 - The UN SDGs: Earth Week! SDG13 - Climate Action (Apr 20)
- Week 5 - The UN SDGs: SDG 12 - Responsible Consumption & Production (Apr 26)
- Week 6 - Step Outside: Decoding Loon Language (May 3)
- Week 7 - The UN SDGs: SDG 15 - Life on Land (May 10)
- Week 8 - Step Outside: International Day for Biological Diversity (May 18)
- Week 9 - The UN SDGs: SDG 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy (May 24)
- Week 10 - Step Outside: Canadian Environment Week (May 31)
- Week 11 - The UN SDG's: SDG 14 - Life Below Water (June 7)
- Week 12 - Step Outside: Early June Happenings (June 14)
- Week 13 - Hot Topic - National Indigenous Peoples Day (June 21)
*If you have trouble accessing any of the links, it may be because your organization is blocking external sites. Try signing out of your board-affiliated gmail account and trying again!*