q LSF Action Project Funding Application – LSF-LST

LSF's Action Project Funding Application

We are funding student-led climate change/sustainability Action Projects with up to $500 each. 

DEADLINES:

We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis until spring 2024! Successful applicants will be notified within 1 month of their submission.

All Action Projects must be completed and reported on by May 22, 2024, regardless of when they are approved.

ELIGIBILITY:

  • We work with grade K-12 students in Canada.
  • Projects must relate to climate change or other sustainability issues.
  • Action Projects must be student-led.
  • We can only fund 1 project per school—first come, first served.
  • We generally DO NOT FUND landscapers/contractors, speaker fees, donations to other organizations, travel (i.e. busing), or large-scale installations such as water bottle refill stations (exceptions may apply!)
  • For planting projects: we DO NOT FUND planting for beautification only. We DO FUND planting for food, for carbon capture, to support pollinators/birds/bees, xeriscaping or flood/erosion protection, or for projects that focus on native species or connect to Indigenous knowledge (e.g. 3 sisters gardens, medicine wheel gardens, etc.). The links to climate change/sustainability must be made clear in your application.
  • We DO NOT FUND chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or other inputs. We DO FUND organic/natural inputs such as compost, manure, etc.
  • If you are purchasing materials as prizes or for an event/celebration, please make an effort to maintain the sustainability theme (e.g. items produced locally, items that support sustainability like reusable cutlery, items with no- or low-waste packaging, etc.)

OTHER INFO:

  • We grant 75% of the funds up front with the remaining 25% granted after we receive your Final Report.
  • You will need to submit receipts or proof of purchase for all budget items.
  • All Action Projects must also be posted on Our Canada Project by May 22, 2024, including some great photos of your students in action. So get snappy!
  • See Funding Rubric for more details.
  • You can preview the application questions for reference here.

Please email us at funding@LSF-LST.ca if you have any questions. 

Applications for the 2023/2024 funding program are now closed! They will reopen in the fall.

Follow us on TwitterFacebook or Instagram or sign up for our newsletter to be the first to hear about new funding opportunities!