LSF's Action Project Funding Application
We are funding student-led climate change/sustainability Action Projects with up to $500 each.
We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis! Successful applicants will be notified within 1 month of their submission.
All Action Projects must be completed and reported on by May 24, 2023, regardless of when they are approved.
- We work with grade K-12 students in Canada.
- Projects must relate to climate change or other sustainability issues.
- Action Projects must be student-led.
- We can only fund 1 project per school—first come, first served.
- We generally DO NOT FUND landscapers/contractors, speaker fees, donations to other organizations, travel (i.e. busing), or large-scale installations such as water bottle refill stations (exceptions may apply!)
- For planting projects: we DO NOT FUND planting for beautification only. We DO FUND planting for food, for carbon capture, to support pollinators/birds/bees, xeriscaping or flood/erosion protection, or for projects that focus on native species or connect to Indigenous knowledge (e.g. 3 sisters gardens, medicine wheel gardens, etc.). The links to climate change/sustainability must be made clear in your application.
- We grant 75% of the funds up front with the remaining 25% granted after we receive your Final Report.
- You will need to submit receipts or proof of purchase for all budget items.
- All Action Projects must also be posted on Our Canada Project by May 24, 2023, including some great photos of your students in action. So get snappy!
- See Funding Rubric for more details.
- You can preview the application questions for reference here.
Please email us at funding@LSF-LST.ca if you have any questions.